This file contains release notes on the ASN2CSV 2.1 release.
ASN2CSV (ASN.1 to CSV translator) is a command-line program that is used to translate data encoded using the ASN.1 BER, CER, or DER encoding standards to CSV. An associated ASN.1 schema file is required for this translation.
ASN2CSV version 2.1 is the initial release of ASN2CSV. Users are encouraged to consult the documentation in the
docsubdirectory for information regarding the transformation of input BER/CER/DER files into CSV data.
ASN2CSV is intended primarily as a tool used for working with CDR types like TAP3, SR13, R12, CCN, and others. Therefore it does not support the use of table constraints or two-phase decoding.
Documentation for this release is provided in the
docsubdirectory of the installation.
The steps to install ASN2CSV on a Windows system are as follows:
- Download the ASN2CSV package distribution file.
- ASN2CSV for Windows is packaged in a self-extracting executable file format. To install, all that should be necessary is to double-click this file after downloading and then following the setup wizard instructions.
- To use ASN2CSV, a license file must be installed. This was sent in the osyslic.txt file that was attached to the E-mail message that was sent at the time the product was downloaded. If you did not receive a license file, please contact us.
- The osyslic.txt file must be copied to a location where the ASN2CSV application can find it. This can be done in one of three ways:
- a. The file can be copied into <ASN2CSV installation directory>/bin directory, or
- b. The file can be copied into any of the directories specified within your PATH environment variable, or
- c. The file can be copied to a different directory and an environment variable named OSLICDIR created to point at this directory location.
- ASN2CSV should now be operational. Refer to the ASN2CSV User's Guide document in the doc subdirectory for instructions on how to run the program.
The following subdirectories contain the following files (note: <installdir> refers to the installation directory that was specified during the installation process):
- The asn2csv program executable file.
- This directory contains the ASN2CSV User's Guide file asn2csv.pdf file.
- This directory contains a collection of common ASN.1 specification files from existing standards that have been used with the tool.
- This directory contains sample programs containing encoded BER/DER message files (these files have a '.dat' or '.bin' extension) and corresponding ASN.1 schema files (these have extension '.asn'). ASN2CSV can be used to translate these files to CSV. A perl script (asn2csv.pl) is provided to test the translation of all files to CSV.
Report problems you encounter by sending E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The preferred format of example programs is the same as the sample programs. Please provide a message file and an ASN.1 syntax file and also indicate where the problem occurs.
If you have any further questions or comments on what you would like to see in the product or what is difficult to use or understand, please communicate them to us. Your feedback is important to us.