The ASN.1 to Text Translator (ASN2TXT) is a tool for translating binary ASN.1-encoded data files to various textual formats such as XML, JSON, or CSV.
ASN2TXT v2.8.x is the current production release version. Features of this product include:
- Capability to translate binary-encoded data to XML/XER/CXER, JSON, comma-separated value (CSV), and brace text textual format.
- Capability to do translations in the reverse
direction from text to binary formats. In addition, text-to-text
and binary-to-binary translations have been added. The following
translations are now supported:
- XER-to-CXER (canonical XER)
- Improvements to DOM support that allow operations such as adding nodes, deleting nodes, and modifying the contents of nodes to be performed. It is also possible to find nodes using XPath expressions.
- Capability to invoke DOM methods in the Windows DLL through a .NET interface from programs developed using C#.