ASN2XML Change Log
ASN2XML 2.2.2 - Released 13 July 2011
- Modified PER message translation to translate multiple PER messages that may be present in a file or other medium.
- Fixed a bug that could cause "Application has failed to initialize properly" messages to appear. (ASNVE-705)
- Added a GUI Wizard with the Windows version to make selecting options and launching the tool easier
ASN2XML 2.1.3 - Released 7 Febuary 2011
- Fixed a bug in PER CHOICE extension decoding. (ASNVE-544)
ASN2XML 2.1.2 - Released 5 November 2010
- Fixed a bug in forced BCD handling in which conversion was done on all OCTET STRING's as opposed to those identified as BCD strings.
- Fixed a bug in PER message decoding in which the decoder would at times go into an infinite loop on invalid messages.
ASN2XML 2.1.1 - Released 16 September 2010
- Added -bcdhandling option as documented in the ASN2XML User's Guide. This replaces the -nobcd, -bcd, and -tbcd options.
- Fixed a bug in translating a BER-encoded data file without a schema in which an end-of-file error would occur every time.
ASN2XML 2.1.0 - Released 30 July 2010
This is the initial release of ASN2XML 2.1. New features in this release include:
- A dynamic link library (DLL) version of the program is now available. This allows a user to embed the ASN2XML functionality in their own applications programs. A possible use case would be to create a GUI version of the tool.
- The following new command-line options were added:
- -emptyOptionals - This option causes an empty element declaration to be inserted into the XML output at the position of missing optional items.
- -emptyDefault - This option causes elements with default values as defined in the ASN.1 schema to be inserted into the XML output at the position of missing items with these values.
- -nowhitespace - This option removes all whitespace between elements (spaces and newline characters) which provides more compact instances.
- Changed the behavior of ASN2XML's BCD string handling
BCDStringis now a recognized type.
-bcdcommand-line switch forces all
OCTET STRINGs to be treated as BCD strings. Byte order is right-to-left; values greater than 9 are considered terminating digits.
-tbcdcommand-line switch forces all
OCTET STRINGs to be treated as TBCD strings. Byte order is swapped (left-to-right); the 0xf byte is considered a terminating digit.
-nobcdcommand-line switch forces all
OCTET STRINGs to be literally rendered with no interpretation.
ASN2XML 2.0.0 - Released 1 February 2010
New features in ASN2XML 2.0 included:
- Improved PER to XML translation capabilities through the using table constraints in the ASN.1 schema files to provide full decoding of embedded open type content within PER messages
- Addition of the '-ascii' command-line option to print unknown data fields that contain all printable characters in text format rather than hex.