We are proud to announce the release of new major versions of our ASN1VE and ASN2TXT products for 2020.
ASN1VE (ASN.1 Viewer / Editor) is a graphical user interface (GUI) tool for analyzing and editing ASN.1 encoded data. In the new 3.0 release, we have added the following capabilities:
- Added verification and encoding support for canonical encoding rules including DER, CER, and COER. The new capability checks for canonical rule violations within the encoded data. New messages can be created in these formats and existing messages transformed to ensure canonical form.
- The capability to import JSON or XML messages into Octet Encoding Rules (OER) format has been added.
- The capability to copy and paste tree nodes in element view has been added.
- Improved performance in loading and searching for data in large TAP3 and other CDR files.
- Changed the Windows installation procedure to first deinstall an existing version before trying to install a newer version.
ASN2TXT (ASN.1 to text translator) is a command-line tool for translating ASN.1 encoded data to and from various textual formats (XML, JSON, CSV). The main new capability added in the 3.0 release is a Python wrapper that makes it possible to use the DLL in Python applications.
Other new features for the two products are documented in the Release Notes and Change Log. See the Product Support Page at obj-sys.com/support.php