ASN2TXT Change Log
ASN2TXT 2.7.0 – Released July 11, 2017
- Support for reverse translations from XML to binary formats (BER, DER, PER and U-PER). The command-line tool now requires "-in" and "-out" parameters to inform it of the source and output formats.
- Ability to translate to Canonical XER (CXER).
- Fixed a defect in which data in an open type constrained by a table constraint would not be fully expanded in some cases (AT-367).
- Fixed a potential security vulnerability that could occur if a message was maliciously long (AT-351).
- Fixed an issue where a compiler error was silently dropped during ASN2TXT execution (AT-344).
- Added ISO 8601 Date/Time PER support to JSON and DOM (AT-347).
- Fixed an issue where ASN2TXT did not check for any errors prior to starting decode, which resulted in formatting errors (AT-242).
- Fixed an issue where ASN2TXT did not properly check for a license file, which resulted in license failure even if a license was present in the installation bin directory (AT-350).
ASN2TXT 2.6.1 – Released November 10, 2016
- Fixed build errors with the new DOM sample_dll tests (AT-337, AT-339)
- Fixed a couple of errors with the existing BER sample tests (AT-334, AT-335).
- Fixed outdated platform.mk file in Windows kits (AT-338).
ASN2TXT 2.6.0 – Released October 27, 2016
- Ability to create and modify a DOM tree from a BER data file and optional schema and output the result as XML.
- Capability to interface with .NET applications (e.g., C#, VB).
- Added support for selecting JSON output and associated parameters to GUI (AT-284).
- Improved XML and JSON output formatting for BIT_STRING values (AT-306).
- Fixed an error where in certain cases a 3GPP TS 32.297 CDR file or message header was not properly decoded. (ASNVE-2034).
- Fixed an error where CSV files were not decoded when using "-prefix" option due to incorrect header setup. (AT-314).
- Fixed an error where data files were not properly expanded in Windows when using the asterisk wildcard character. (AT-314).
- Fixed a "too many open files" error when writing CSV files using "-prefix" to generate separate files, and using "minLevel" (greater than 1) to further subdivide the number of files. (AT-314).
- Added PER support for ISO 8601 Date/Time types (AT-317).
ASN2TXT 2.5.0 - Released February 29, 2016
This is a new major release that adds the following new capabilities:
- Added capability to decode ASN.1 binary data to a JSON format. Most existing XML options are also valid for JSON output.
- Added capability for filtering CSV data. Using a configuration file, it is now possible to specify a selection path (and optional mapped column name) and only write records that match this path to the CSV file. See the User's Guide for more information regarding this capability.
- Support for decoding 3GPP TS 32.297 headers for XML and JSON. This is a standard header format now used in many LTE-related and other CDR formats.
The following bugs have also been fixed:
- A primitive data type present in the top-level constructed type caused incorrect CSV files to be generated (AT-240).
- Incorrect year value if during conversion of UTC offset time to Zulu time, the day value changes. For instance, if the time were 0100 with a +2 hour offset on 12/1, the date would back up to the previous day at 2300 on 11/30 (AT-261).
- A PDU specified at a level below the top-most level in a schema caused CSV decoding to fail (AT-273).
ASN2TXT 2.4.3 – Released December 2, 2015
- Fixed a bug in XML formatting of REAL values which caused some values to be multiplied by 10 (SUP-9312).
- Added the –addInputFn option to allow users to dump the input file name to the output CSV files (AT-211).
- Fixed a bug induced by adding –minLevel to the command line that could cause decoding errors in valid files (AT-210).
- Fixed a bug in writing output headers for simple data types (AT-210).
- Added support for decoding sequence extension elements for CSV conversion (AT-210).
- Fixed a bug in ASN2TXT that caused license checking failures to be improperly reported by the command-line tool (AT-155).
- Fixed a bug in Windows versions that prevented the command-line tool from properly globbing when using wildcards (AT-152).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using poorly-formatted data
ASN2TXT 2.4.2 – Released July 17, 2014.
- Fixed a bug that could cause output to the console to crash under certain conditions in Windows (AT-121).
- Added the ability to change the output of integers to base 16 using a configuration file (AT-108).
- Changed the GUI so that users can now advance beyond the file selection page if they didn't provide an input specification. XML conversions do not require a specification (AT-108).
- Updated XML conversions to properly decode
ANYtypes when they contain
ASN2TXT 2.4.1 – Released March 5, 2014
- Adjusted error handling for cleaner responses (AT-90).
- Fixed root elements in XML conversions to ensure that they were properly escaped (AT-85).
- Relocated error reportage outside of the DLL so that it would be properly handled by calling applications.
- GUI improvements to prevent invalid state from being entered in PER decoding (AT-83).
- Adjusted documentation and usage text for the
–oidformatcommand-line option (AT-68).
- Adjusted packaging to ensure that user-land components could build and link properly against the ASN2TXT DLL.
ASN2TXT 2.4.0 – Released January 8, 2014
New features appearing in the 2.4.0 release of ASN2TXT include the following:
- Additional CSV functionality added to ASN2TXTDLL.
- Compact SEQUENCE OF processing (CSV only).
- More sophisticated record trimming (CSV only).
- Options for skipping bad records (XML only).
- Capability to configure the display format of certain items (for example, IP addresses).
- Substantial performance improvements.
ASN2TXT 2.3.2 - Released June 27,2013
- Fixed a bug in buffered stream read logic which would at times cause a reset to a wrong position in the stream. (ASNVE-1291)
- Fixed a bug in which ASN2TXT -csv would go into an infinite loop on some error conditions. (ASNVE-1300)
- Fixed a bug in which ASN2TXT -csv would not output information on ASN.1 compilation errors if the assigned shcema was invalid. (ASNVE-1300)
- Fixed bug in handling of the length encoding (in PER) of the bit-field associated with the extension additions of a sequence.
ASN2TXT 2.3.1 - February 12, 2013
- Modified error handling to provide a meaningful error message if the specified input file does not exist.
- Fixed a crash that would occur at times when closing a hex or base64 text stream.
- Fixed a bug in which an infinite recursion would occur in ASN.1 specs with circular references.
- Fixed a bug in which an infinite loop would occur when generating XML output and the input file contained padding bytes.
Initial release of ASN2TXT. Features in this release include:
- XML and CSV output
- Better support for batch processing input data
- Added support for prefixing output CSV files
- Added support for byte skipping and header offsets for XML output