XBinder v2.2.x Change Log
Version 2.2.8 is the latest release v2.2 version.
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.7 and 2.2.8:
- Fixed a bug in C/C++ numeric formatting. Certain values (such as .01) would be formatted with an exponent when decimal form was desired (XBI-1819).
Version 2.2.7 released on December 14, 2012
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.6 and 2.2.7:
- Fixed a bug in C++ code generation that caused string attributes to be truncated when the string contained multi-byte UTF-8 characters (XBI-1626).
Version 2.2.6 released on June 14, 2012
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.5 and 2.2.6:
- Fixed a bug that could cause the xbindergui.exe and xbeditor.exe programs not to start properly on Windows systems (XBI-1605).
Version 2.2.5 released on April 16, 2012
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.4 and 2.2.5:
- Fixed C/C++ code generation to initialize soap namesapce URI to be null. (XBI-1578).
- Fixed issues for compiling the OpenGIS sensorML schema. This included
several issues (XBI-1569):
- Fixed a false error being reported ("Target NS does not match target NS of included module"). If multiple files of the same name existed in different places in the list of include directories, we sometimes would resolve a relative URI in a schemaLocation to the wrong one document.
- Fixed undefined type errors related to importing a schema with attribute groups.
- Fixed errors resolving element references using prefixes to elements in the same schema document.
- Fixed Java code generation where a derivations interface extended itself.
- Fixed Java code generation for union type encoding (undeclared variable used).
- Fixed Java code generation for complex type with a repeating sequence as its content model where the sequence had only a single element. The generated data model did not account for the repetition (XBI-1571).
Version 2.2.4 released on January 12, 2012
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.3 and 2.2.4:
- Fixed issue where the attributes for a base type were not encoded when using the -fragments option with C++ (XBI-1518)
- Fixed potential resource leak in rtxSocket.c. (XBI-1524)
- Fixed issue where get/set methods of a C++ class generated for a choice type used the wrong return/parameter type. OSXMLStringList* was used when a different pointer type should have been used (XBI-1532).
- Fixed bug in pull-parser that causes a crash when an attribute stack is released. (XBI-1540)
Version 2.2.3 released on October 13, 2011
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.2 and 2.2.3:
- Fixed potential memory leak on data member mpValue of a C++ control class. (XBI-1441)
- Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances and when using -modularize, the generated C++ files were missing some needed #includes. (XBI-1456)
- Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances and when using -lax, the generated C++ decoder reported valid elements as unexpected. (XBI-1458)
- Added a new command-line option, -noenumvars, to disable the behavior introduced in 2.2.2 where fields are generated using an enum type. This allows users to disable this behavior without resorting to -compat 221. This earlier change and -noenumvars affect the code generated for a non-numeric type with an <enumeration> facet (XBI-1483).
- Fixed a bug in C/C++ decode generation which is triggered when there is no attribute other than xmlns. (XBI-1504)
- Fixed a potential memory corruption in rtxMemHeapAlloc. (XBI-1505)
Version 2.2.2 released on July 1, 2011
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.1 and 2.2.2:
- The -genvcproj qualifier can now be used to trigger the generation of Visual C# project files (.csproj files).
- Fixed the code generation for std::vector with STL. A space has been added between '<' and the class name. (XBI-1353).
- Referenced types would fail to be resolved when the prefix used in the type name was declared on the <complexType> or <extension> elements. (XBI-1383).
- Element references with the same name, in a choice, could produce duplicate identifier names (XBI-1389). The fix for this causes generation of different identifier names for element references in <sequence> and <all> groups if -useNSPfx is in use, or if XML name transformations are configured. Using -compat 221 should restore the original behavior.
- Macros for XSD facets would be redefined in C/C++ code. This happened when a union type had two anonymous member types defined using the same kind of facet (i.e., minInclusive, maxInclusive, etc.) (XBI-1402).
- Use of the -namespace qualifier could cause the indicated name to be duplicated at the beginning of some identifiers. This problem has been fixed. (XBI-1409).
- Generated C# property code for xsd:choice constructs was incomplete. This problem has been fixed. (XBI-1421).
- Fixed a bug in which a program may crash while decoding an XML document with encoding other than UTF-8. (XBI-1427).
- Under some circumstances generated C# code would have syntax errors.
This problem has been fixed. (XBI-1432).
- Fixed potential memory leak in decoding a PDU. When an XML instance
is decoded, if a reference to a variable to receive the decoded data
has not been provided, memory will be allocated internally within the
class to hold the data. This memory will be freed when the control
class object is deleted or goes out of scope. The exception to this
rule is if the user uses the non-const version of the getValue method
to get a pointer to the value. In this case, ownership of the memory
is transferred to the user who is then responsible for freeing it using
the delete operator.(XBI-1441).
- Changed the behavior surrounding enumerations for C/C++. Rather than using OSUINT16 to represent the chosen value, the generated enum type is now used. Using -compat 221 restores the earlier behavior. (XBI-1423).
Version 2.2.1 released on January 26, 2011
The following changes were made between patch release 2.2.0 and 2.2.1:
- XBEditor has been updated with new features and bug fixes:
- Previous error and Next error buttons are enabled only when errors are present in Error view. Buttons navigate through errors only.
- When a user opens a schema the editor appears immediately.
- Some other minor fixes - Tab order in Project settings dialog, correct behavior when having some unsaved files opened.
- Use xerces-c 3.1.1 library now.
- Removed dependency on Qt3Support. The only Qt libraries needed
now include QtCore, QtGui and QtXML.
- Fixed some compilation warnings for C/C++ samples on
- Fixed a XML run-time source code to surround the test code with
#ifdef TEST. (XBI-1358)
- Fixed a bug in C++ code generation. Added a space between '<' and
class name in std::vector when used with STL. (XBI-1353)
- Updated some project files (.dsp) for Visual Studio C++ 6.0 that
are provided with the C/C++ samples.
- Fixed a few problems with the Visual Studio 2005 solutions that
are provided with the C# samples.
- Changed the display of available options to include -genvcproj. This
option was there before, but it wasn't displayed.
- Modified the XBinder C/C++ User Guide to include a description of the
-genvcproj qualifier. This option was there before, but it wasn't
- Fixed a bug in Visual Studo 2005 and 2008 project generation that
would cause Visual Studio to try to do its own processing of any
.xsd file after the first one.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that would cause a generated Visual Studio
project to reference libraries or source files using incorrect names.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that could occur if -json or -dom was specified
along with -genvcproj.
- Fixed C/C++ decoding of simple content elements having a default value.
When such an element was empty, the element's attributes were skipped and not
- Fixed a few configuration options in a configuration file:
noEncoder, noDecoder, array. (XBI-1341)
- Fixed a potential memory leak in generated C/C++ decoding functions.
The potential memory leak code appeared in string length test.
- Fixed C/C++ encoding of attributes having a fixed value. In some cases,
a user could get a value other than the fixed value encoded into the XML.
- Fixed a problem where using -static and -valid could cause XBinder to crash.
- Added a constant in generated C/C++ code to provide the value of the
<xs:schema>'s version attribute. (XBI-1333)
- Added the capability to generate Visual Studio 2010 projects for C and
C++ via the -genvcproj qualifier. (XBI-1263)
Version 2.2.0 released on November 29, 2010
- Initial release. New features are described in the release notes.